Important Information for 2022/23 Summer Exams
Post Results Services
Summer 2022/23 Exam Timetable
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulates the exam/assessment system and they have been designed to ensure the integrity and security of the assessment system and apply to all external assessments taken by students at the College. To familiarise students with the regulations, exams such as Year 1 end of year exams and Year 2 mocks, as far as possible, will adhere to the regulations to help familiarise students with the environment in which they will be completing their final exams.
It is important that students read this information in advance and are aware of the rules specifically regarding items such as mobile phones and watches NOT being allowed in the exam room. You could be disqualified if you take these items into the exam room.
Please also note the following:
- Bags and coats should be stored where indicated by the invigilator
- For toilet breaks, more paper or any other query, please raise your hand to attract the invigilator’s attention
- Extra time – if you are entitled to extra time as part of your access arrangements, you will have a card on your desk where the invigilator will fill out the start and finish time including the extra time
- Leaving the room at the end of the sessions – exam papers will be collected in at the end of the sessions. Please leave the room quietly as instructed by the invigilators
- Food isn’t permitted in examinations. Clear water bottles are permitted to be brought into the exam venue and all labels must be removed prior to the exam
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have all the correct equipment required for your exam
Post results services and appeals
Candidates will be able to request access to scripts, clerical re-checks, review of marking, review of moderation and appeals to the awarding bodies. Details will be shared with candidates prior to the results being issued.
If you have any queries about the JCQ regulations, please contact the Exams office by emailing email@example.com . For the College’s complaint procedure, please see https://www.bsfc.ac.uk/college-information/policies