The Local Governing Body will act as an advisory board to Wirral Academy Trust Board. The meetings of the Local Governing Body will take place two weeks in advance of Wirral Academy Trust Board meeting. The Local Governing Body will make available minutes of their meetings. Papers will be issued one week in advance of meetings.
The Board of Directors will delegate to the Local Governing Body the following responsibilities for supporting the institution and its leadership and management team in improving the:
- Achievement of pupils
- Quality of Teaching
- Behaviour and Safety of students
The Local Governing Body will specifically be expected:
- To promote and support the vision and direction of Wirral Academy Trust.
- To agree the strategic objectives for the institution and its direction within the framework of the vision of Wirral Academy Trust.
- To develop and monitor the Improvement Plan for the institution
- To monitor the standards and performance of the institution and all aspects of student support and welfare
- To monitor teaching, learning and assessment within the institution to ensure that timely improvements are being made.
- To ensure that an appropriate curriculum is being offered that meets local needs and fits within Wirral Academy Trust guidelines.
- To ensure implementation and closely monitor safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- To approve policies and procedures that are specific to the institution
- To review, monitor, provide advice and constructively challenge, as appropriate.
- To ensure that Local Governing Body arrangements are conducted effectively.
- To be responsible to the Directors of Wirral Academy Trust and to comply and act within the Terms of Reference.
The Local Governing Body consists of:
- Dr Pete Timmins - Chair
- Dr Diahann Gallard
- Mr Steve Griffiths
- Mr Ian Jones
- Mr Mike Kilbride - Birkenhead Sixth Form College Principal