Award in Education & Training (Level 3)
10 weeks / 3 hours per week
- Do you want to earn a new qualification?
- Would you like to teach Adult Learners?
- Do you want to progress within your teaching career and learn new skills?
The Award in Education & Training qualification is an introduction to teaching for teachers, tutors and trainers. It is valid for anyone who wishes to teach adult learners. This qualification provides a basic minimum standard for all those entering and currently working in the teaching/training profession.
Learners will undertake 10 assignments and will be observed delivering a micro teach session.
Click here to register your interest for the course via email, or directly email email@example.com stating your name and the course you are interested in.
- Click here to enrol on the course.
The course covers the following:
- To observe and evaluate micro-teaching sessions
- To know how to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
What previous skills, qualifications & knowledge will I need?
Typically, learners are expected to have a minimum standard of literacy at Level 2 (GCSE level) and to be educated to Level 3 (GCE ‘A’ level). Experience of writing assignments is essential, as it is a demanding course. The course will act as a foundation for those with no previous experience of teaching who wish to develop their professional skills and understanding.
How can I be sure I’m on the right course?
The qualification is for those learners intending to teach in Further Education Colleges, independent training providers, local authorities or voluntary organisations. Learners would be expected to have knowledge in the specialist area they wish to teach in. Learners should have relevant experience in a subject area, with have up-to-date subject knowledge.
This course could lead on to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
These courses are not currently offered at the College
This course is NOT suitable for:
- Those wanting to teach in primary schools
- Those wanting work as teaching assistants in schools
- Those wanting to teach in secondary schools
What workload can I expect?
The course qualification learning hours are 48 hours of study, with 30 hours (minimum) contact time in class. Learners with literacy or ICT needs may require longer hours of study. Weekly attendance is absolutely essential as this is an intensive course which involves student participation in a wide variety of teaching activities.
What costs & materials will be involved?
Writing materials, stationery and the cost of supplying resources for the micro-teach session.
What is the method of assessment?
The assessment methods for the qualification are the completion of assignments in a portfolio and practical assessment in the classroom. This involves a 15 minute micro-teach session, which learners must deliver to one another in class. Learners will also evaluate other each other's micro-teach session.